By default, a .zil domain is minted to a Keystore JSON file (which is a non-custodial wallet) that is downloaded to your desktop. If you transfer the .zil domain to your Leder wallet you will have to go through the following steps to retrieve access to it.
- Go to Zillet.io
- Under the Mneumonic Phrase option, click the Access button.
- Then select Ledger Based from the drop-down menu (as shown in the screenshot below)
- Type in the 24-word Seed Phrase of your Ledger wallet, keep the Index set to 0 if you've never changed it when connecting the Ledger to Zillet the first time. Click on Load Wallet.
- When the wallet loads go to Wallet Info and click on Reveal Private Key (as shown in the screenshot below)
- After that click on Download Keystore JSON File.
- You will be asked to set a new password (or passphrase) before downloading the JSON file.
- Once downloaded, go to the Account Settings in your UD account and click on Add Wallet to connect the new JSON file wallet. You will be able to manage the .zil domain afterward.
We are deploying a bridge in Q1/Q2 2022 that will allow users to transfer minted domains from Zilliqa (and Ethereum) to Polygon, as shown here. This will allow you to transfer your .zil domains to wallets that support the Polygon network like MetaMask.