The following smart contract address is what you see on PolygonScan: 0xc37d3c4326ab0e1d2b9d8b916bbdf5715f780fcf - this is a "proxy" address used mainly for security purposes. The actual smart contract address is 0xa9a6a3626993d487d2dbda3173cf58ca1a9d9e9f.
You can manage the domains at the smart contract level on the PolygonScan block explorer. This of course is optional, you can always manage the domains on the Unstoppable Domains website by connecting your wallet (if it's not connected yet).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Find the Domain TokenID
Before we begin, you will need the unique TokenID associated with your domain.
- To find this, go to the Transactions page and click on the tx_id_XXX - this will open a new window showing the transaction on PolygonScan
- Right-click and copy the TokenID of your domain as shown below
Another way to find the unique TokenID is by searching for the domain to OpenSea and copying the last numeric string in the URL as shown below.
Managing Domains on PolygonScan
You will need MATIC on the Polygon network in the same wallet you claimed the domain to. The MATIC is used to cover the gas fees and publish all changes made to the Polygon blockchain.
- Visit the smart contract address on PolygonScan here
- Click on Connect to Web3, you can connect your MetaMask wallet or any wallet that supports WalletConnect. If your wallet does not support WalletConnect follow this guide to clone the wallet to MetaMask before you proceed.
- Once you connect your wallet, scroll down to "22. set". Here you can manage your domains by updating the records on the smart contract level. To add an address, for example, a BTC address, type crypto.BTC.address under key (string). If you want to add an IPFS hash type ipfs.html.value under key (string). Under value (string), you can add a wallet address or the IPFS hash depending on the input you added under key (string). You can view the complete list of functions here
- Click on Write once you add the correct values, this will prompt you to sign a transaction to confirm the changes. Click on Confirm to sign the transaction. (Note: MetaMask might open in a new window, you can confirm the transaction in that window or click on the MetaMask icon on your browser to view the transaction)
- Once you confirm the transaction, the "View your transaction" button will appear. You can click on it if you would like to see when the transaction is confirmed
On PolygonScan, click on "Click to see More" and under Input Data click on View Input As and choose UTF-8 to view the changes made to the domain.