Minting on L2 is the process of registering your domains from our database onto the Polygon blockchain, and into your cryptocurrency wallet. Once a domain is minted, you have full custody over the domain. If you want to use, sell or gift a domain - you must first mint it.
* Note: This guide does not apply to .zil domains. Please see this guide.
- Before you start, make sure to connect to Polygon by following this guide. To mint domains on the MetaMask mobile app you will need to sign into your UD account using the Email and Password option, instead of the Google Sign In option for it to work.
- Open the MetaMask mobile app and make sure the Polygon network is selected.
- Click on the menu icon on the top-left then click on Browser and visit the Unstoppable Domains website.
- Click on the menu icon on the top-left, then tap on My Domains.
- Tap on Free Mint to mint the domain to Polygon.
- Tap on the MetaMask option, then click on Sign to sign the transaction.
- Tap on the checkbox next to "I understand", then click on Confirm to mint the domain.
- You can now tap on Track Progress to view the domain in the My Transaction page or click on Back to Domains to go to the My Domains page.