Minting is the process of Publishing your domain name onto the blockchain and linking the domain with your wallet to gain full custody and control of the domain.
.crypto, .x, .bitcoin, .dao, .nft, .blockchain, .coin, .wallet, .888
Mint on Polygon
1. Before you proceed with the minting we recommend switching OFF all wallets extensions you have on your browser, including MetaMask (if you have it).
This can be done via Menu > Settings > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
2. Turn ON/create Brave Crypto Wallet extension by visiting Menu > Settings > Crypto Wallets tab.
3. You can double-check if your Brave Crypto Wallet is ON by going back to Manage Extensions page:
Menu > Settings > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
4. Next step is to select Ethereum provider for using Dapps as Crypto Wallets and Load Crypto Wallets on start-up:
Menu > Settings > Wallet.
5. Also make sure you have enabled Brave Crypto Wallet extension and pinned to the extension bar in the up right corner of your Brave browser:
6. Now to claim your domain, go to My Domains and scroll down to your domain. Then click "Free Mint"
7. Click "Continue"
8. Verify your email or enter in your 2FA if that is set up
9. Pick "Other Browser Wallet"
10. Click "Continue" and check the box that says "I understand".
11. Now you just have to wait until your domain is minted!
If you decide to use Brave Crypto Wallet, you will need to restart your browser after installation. Furthermore, you will use the Other Browser Wallet option when signing domain updates:
We recommend minting to a Brave Crypto Wallet as covered in our User Guide, and you should take note of the following points:
- Web page needs to be refreshed after adding Brave Crypto Wallet extension.
- Brave Crypto Wallet needs to be unlocked with your password.
- Brave Crypto Wallet needs to be available for all sites (can be reset when not managing your domains).
- Have all other web3 wallet extensions disabled.
- Have pop up blockers disabled.
Other Supported Wallets for Minting and Managing domains can be found here.